Podcast Episode 72: Jamie Mitchell – Big Wave Surfer and 10x Molokai to Oahu Paddleboard World Champion
I recently sat down with Jamie Mitchell – Big Wave Surfer and 10x Molokai to Oahu Paddleboard World Champion for Episode 72 of The Physical Performance Show podcast.
I had a fire-side chat with Jamie who unpacks how he got into big wave surfing, tackling the big waves, his worst injury and so much more.
To listen to Episode 72
To listen to the full interview on I -Tunes click HERE>>
To listen to the interview on Soundcloud click HERE>>
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to ensure you get performance insights from our future upcoming exciting guests.
In this episode Jamie shares:
- Introduction Jamie Mitchell
- Suffering a fractured sternum
- Worst injury seen in big wave surfing
- How Jamie got into Surfing
- Big Waves
- Managing the uncertainty
- Dominating Molokai Paddleboard Championships for 10 years
- Training leading up to Molakai
- Performance Round Questions
- Being in the zone
- Sponsorship with Quiksilver
- Jamie’s best advice
- Jamie’s Physical Challenge – Get up at 6am to go for a 4km walk and swim at the beach
To follow Jamie Mitchell
For questions and comments about this Episode
Send to the show host @Brad_Beer (Twitter)