Episode 52: Trent Grimsey – AUS Swim Team Member & World Record Fastest English Channel Crossing
I recently sat down with Trent Grimsey – AUS Swim Team Member & World Record Fastest English Channel Crossing for Episode 52 of The Physical Performance Show podcast.
I had a fire-side chat with Trent who unpacks the world of pool swimming, missing out on 2008 Beijing Olympics, the hardest training session he has ever done and his passion for his swimming including how someone can swim for as long as he does.
To listen to Episode 52
To listen to the full interview on I -Tunes click HERE>>
To listen to the interview on Soundcloud click HERE>>
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to ensure you get performance insights from our future upcoming exciting guests.
In this episode Trent shares:
- Scariest race that Trent has done
- Trent’s interest in breaking the English Channel record
- Training 100km a week leading into the Channel swim
- Unpacking the trials for the London Olympics
- Pace during the English Channel Crossing
- Feeds during the English Channel Crossing
- Starting a coaching business after swimming the Channel
- Performance Round Questions
- Having his brother as a training partner
- Best recovery tip
- Trent’s physical challenge – Swim 200m in the pool
To follow Trent Grimsey
For questions and comments about this Episode
Send to the show host @Brad_Beer (Twitter)