In episode 204 of The Physical Performance Show I share a conversation with Sharon Hannan, Sprint & Hurdles Champion Coach in this coaches corner edition.
In this Coaches Corner featuring Sharon Hannan, Australian Sprints and Hurdles Athletics Coach and Former Coach of Sally Pearson who of course went on to collect Commonwealth World and Olympic Gold Medals in the 100m Hurdles.
Sharon is a Level 4 Specialist for Sprints Relays and Hurdles a Level 3 advanced Junior Coach and you’ll find Sharon on the Gold Coast overseeing the Gold Coast Victory Athletics Club and her and her husband Peter Hannan also an acclaimed Track and Field Coach on the track working on their Aussie athletics and sports credentials coaching services.
In this episode, you’ll hear Sharon share around her top coaching principles, career highs, lows and many learnings and how it all started so humbly in Rural Queensland and culminated in the highest of highs Olympic Gold with Sally Pearson, who Sharon coached for fourteen and half years from age 12.
Show Sponsor Fisiocrem
fisiocrem is a topical massage cream containing natural plant based ingredients, ideal for the temporary relief of muscular aches and pains. If you’re conscious of what you put on your body, you’ll be happy to know that fisiocrem does not contain parabens or hydroxybenzoates. fisiocrem can be found Australia-wide at your local Coles, chemist or health store, as well as on their online shop. fisiocrem are offering a 20% discount to listeners of The Physical Performance Show. Use the coupon code POGO when you shop at fisiocrem.com.au to redeem this special offer.
Hurting sucks, and fisiocrem has got your back!
To listen to Episode 204:
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE at the links to ensure you get performance insights from our future upcoming exciting guests.
Listen in as we delve into the following:
- Sharon’s family background
- Accomplishments in her coaching career
- Reason for moving to the Gold Coast
- How her husband helps in her coaching career
- How she classified herself as a Coach
- How she looks to other Coaches
- Highlights of her coaching career
- Instilling Confidence in athletes
- Practical Examples of Commitment
- Attributes of Sally Pearson
- Instances where Athletes can’t participate in an event
- Top 3 Tips for athletes to get ready for the day
- Recovery strategies
- Coaching through transitions of athletes
- Coaches that Sharon admires
- Top attributes of a Coach
For questions and comments about this Episode
Send to the show host @Brad_Beer (Twitter)