In episode 202 of The Physical Performance Show I share a conversation with Dr Neil Cochrane – Neurosurgeon & Spinal Surgeon (MBCHB FRACS) in this expert edition.
Dr Cochrane is a New Zealand and Australian trained neurosurgeon and spinal surgeon who specialises in the treatment of spinal conditions, brain tumours, peripheral nerve disorders and much more. Dr Cochrane regularly attends and presents at scientific meetings, surgeon training symposiums and international neurosurgery and spinal surgery workshops. Dr Cochrane is also actively involved in the design and development of spinal implant technologies and he’s based in South East Queensland, Australia.
During this episode, we cover all about back pain, sciatica, the severity of back pain, concerns in using medication, surgery recovery along with so much more.
Show Sponsor Fisiocrem
fisiocrem is a topical massage cream containing natural plant based ingredients, ideal for the temporary relief of muscular aches and pains. If you’re conscious of what you put on your body, you’ll be happy to know that fisiocrem does not contain parabens or hydroxybenzoates. fisiocrem can be found Australia-wide at your local Coles, chemist or health store, as well as on their online shop. fisiocrem are offering a 20% discount to listeners of The Physical Performance Show. Use the coupon code POGO when you shop at fisiocrem.com.au to redeem this special offer.
Hurting sucks, and fisiocrem has got your back!
To listen to Episode 202:
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE at the links to ensure you get performance insights from our future upcoming exciting guests.
Listen in as we delve into the following:
- All about back pain and how it affects physical life
- About Sciatica
- Advice given for people with Sciatica
- Pathologies and Interventions for Back pain
- Key issues on the severities of back pain
- Concerns in using medication for lower back pain
- How inflammatories work to reduce pain
- How injections work for spinal nerves and what happens
- Macro Discectomy Procedure and recovery time frame
- Different medical professionals to seek for back pain
- How leg problems can cause back pain
- Pain generated from the neck
- Psychosocial meaning of pain
- What is chronic pain
- What is nerve entrapment, symptoms and treatment
- What is a disc
- What are the red flags for a brain tumour
- Top 3 Myths on lower back pain
For questions and comments about this Episode
Send to the show host @Brad_Beer (Twitter)