In episode 129 of The Physical Performance Show I had a conversation with Benoy Mathew, MSc, MCSP, MAACP, UK Physiotherapist ‘Hip & Groin’.
Benoy Mathew is a UK based Extended Scope Physiotherapist, who has a special interest in Hip and Groin Pain.
During this episode Benoy shares key learnings around how to prolong the health of your hips, what can go wrong with the hip and groin, the role Imaging plays in diagnosing hip and groin pain. Why is it important to act on your hip and grin pain quickly as well as the best treatment approach to getting on top of hip and groin pain including the best exercises and very practical advice for the running community experiencing hip and groin pain.
To listen to Episode 129:
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE at the links to ensure you get performance insights from our future upcoming exciting guests.
Listen in as we delve into the following:
- Benoy Mathew’s Professional Background and Clinical Activities
- Clinic Location and Consultation
- Benoy’s after recovery and Routine Knee Exercises
- Approach with Patients with Hip pain and Osteoarthritis
- Journey of patients with hip pain
- What could go wrong in the part of the hip and timeline of hip pains
- Key Reason of mis-diagnosis of hip pain and Osteoarthritis
- Best Exercises for Hip pain
- Recap of Exercises
- Advice for Patients with Osteoarthritis and hip pain
- Advice for younger patients or athletes for impingement and treatments of hip joint related pathology
- Roles of Medication
- Tendon pain treatment suggestion
- Non functional Mat-Based exercise
- FAI Impingement Awareness
- Rehabilitation after Surgery
- Practical Tips to reduce symptoms
Show Sponsor Fisiocrem
Thank you to this week’s show sponsor: fisiocrem. fisiocrem is a topical massage cream containing natural plant based ingredients, ideal for the temporary relief of muscular aches and pains. It is clean to use and pleasant smelling. fisiocrem can be found at chemists and health stores Australia-wide, as well as their online shop. fisiocrem have also offered a 20% discount to listeners of The Physical Performance Show using coupon code POGO when you shop at fisiocrem.com.au. Hurting sucks, and they’ve got your back!
Win a fisiocrem prize pack by entering the competition here.
To follow Benoy Mathew
For questions and comments about this Episode
Send to the show host @Brad_Beer (Twitter)